UBEO Business Services, the premier provider of business technology products and services, is seeking to hire an Accountant | Sales Tax | Data Entry team member to join our team in San Antonio, Texas.
UBEO is a distributor/servicer of document equipment and software solutions. Primary products include Xerox, Ricoh and Konica Minolta multi-functional equipment and Kyocera printers. UBEO specializes in electronic document management software and integrations.
The primary responsibilities of this position is as follows:
Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Full Time / Exempt
Under the direction of the Regional Controller, this position will be responsible for the maintenance of the books and records and ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and completeness of such information for compliance with GAAP and state and local tax authorities.
• Prepare and file sales tax returns for multiple states and multiple entities
• Perform periodic database updates for all tax codes and tax authorities
• Perform data entry for new customer set-ups
• Prepare account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
• Fixed asset tracking
• May assist with filing renderings for personal property tax for the region
• Other duties as required
Internal: Exempt, Non-Exempt
External: Auditors, Customers, Vendors
Job Related Dimensions
• Deadline and detail-oriented
• Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Proficient in Excel
• Communication and listening skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Previous experience in accounting helpful
• Degree in Accounting or related field or minimum of 2 years’ experience
Physical Demands & Work Environment
• Ability to sit at desk for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to talk on the phone and work with various computer tools and applications
• Ability to type and compose written communication in various forms
• Ability to lift 20+ lbs on occasion
UBEO offers a competitive compensation package. UBEO also offers excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending account options as well as other supplemental benefits. UBEO also offers a 401k Retirement Plan with company match upon eligibility. Submit your resume to Human Resources today!
UBEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to age, sex, color, race, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or predisposition, military/veteran status, citizenship status, marital status or any other group protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.