UBEO Business Services, the premier provider of business technology products and services, is seeking to hire an IT Consultant to join our team in Longview, Texas.
UBEO is a distributor/servicer of document equipment and software solutions. Primary products include Xerox, Ricoh and Konica Minolta multi-functional equipment and Kyocera printers. UBEO specializes in electronic document management software and integrations.
The primary responsibilities of this position is as follows:
Reports To: Technical Lead, East Texas
FLSA Status: Full Time / Non-Exempt, Exempt
Responsible for the execution of all network functions at multiple customer locations. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of some existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
• Must have a broad-based working knowledge of common network/PC hardware, software, security, and operational practices.
• Must have excellent diagnostic abilities related to network environments and common software anomalies.
• Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommend technical solutions.
• Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
• Direct operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Produce detailed timeline and implement effective project control by monitoring the progress of the IT project and reporting the status.
• Determine all business requirements prior to the technical solution being implemented.
• Participate in multiple hardware and software evaluations and maintain vendor contracts.
• Represent the IT function at customer review meetings when appropriate.
• Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals such as the customer’s vendors, software developers, and their general contractors in performance of their duties in the development of new physical locations.
Internal: Exempt, Non-Exempt
External: Prospective Customers, Current Customers, Vendors
Job Related Dimensions
• Technical knowledge/skills
• Analysis (problem identification)
• Business skills
• Network skills
• Communications - verbal and written
• Planning and organizing, (work management)
• Teamwork (cooperation)
• Work standards (concern for quality)
• High School degree or GED
• Associates Degree or equivalent technical training (preferred)
• Supervisory experience or Leadership Training (preferred)
• (Preferred) Successful completion of:
o A+ Certification
o N+ Certification
o MCSE Certification
o Other network related industry certifications
• Minimum 3 years enterprise network experience preferred
• Familiarity with network security issues, network virus applications and deployment, firewalls and routing a plus
• Controller Training, Software Application Training, Data-Base Management Training
• Other Office Products Industry training
Physical Demands & Work Environment
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle for travel to client sites.
• Ability to stand/walk for prolonged periods at times.
• Ability to lift 50+lbs on occasion.
UBEO offers a competitive compensation package. UBEO also offers excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending account options as well as other supplemental benefits. UBEO also offers a 401k Retirement Plan with company match upon eligibility. Submit your resume to Human Resources today!
UBEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to age, sex, color, race, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or predisposition, military/veteran status, citizenship status, marital status or any other group protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.